Meadow Oaks Baptist Church was organized on October 4, 1959. The church had five founding members and initially met in a building located on the corner of 57th Street and Avenue M in Temple, Texas. The new group called Rev. Charles Tatum to be the first pastor of the church. The church moved quickly to construct a permanent location for its activities. Groundbreaking ceremonies were held at the property at 3001 Meadow Oaks Drive in January of 1960, on 3 acres of land donated by Mr. and Mrs. Ira Young.
By the end of May, construction was completed on the first facility at that site, a two-story brick building that housed all activities of the church. In 1966, the church constructed a sanctuary building and a connecting education wing, and the original building was remodeled into education space. Meadow Oaks eventually purchased lots adjoining its property, to give the church a full city block for future growth as well as a 3-bedroom parsonage to house the pastor’s family. In 1992, the church added a fellowship hall to the church complex, to provide kitchen facilities and a large open area for meetings and meals.